Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Matt Duckworth Underwater: A Favorite View

What did Shakespeare's Antony say?
"Friends, Romans, and countrymen, lend me your ears." Something like that.
It was a solemn occasion, at least in the original.
I grew up with a lot of bad gags in variety shows in which a comedian would deliver Mark Antony's lines and a bunch of rubber ears would shower the stage.

Still I say, colleagues, students, idle browsers,
lend me your eyes . . . .

I invite you to check out my blog.

Matt Duckworth Underwater:
Art, book reviews, photographs, postcards, quick fiction, quotations, and (usually aquatic) reflections.

If you click the link in the title above, you'll get one of my latest blog entries, a reflection on free diving in Monterey Bay this past weekend.

I hope you find Matt Duckworth Underwater of interest. I'm not a professional artist or photographer, but I have a lot of fun. Join the fun.

Thank you,

Matt Duckworth

P.S. Here are some sample photographs and art from my blog also. (If you click on the pictures, you'll get an enlargement.)

"Oh, where are you going?" Kayaking on San Francisco Bay.

Happy fish.

The ancient Celts collected heads, and so do I. Mine are clay, however.

Mermaid sighting on the Berkeley campus.

Namor in Repose; Or, Self-Portrait #47.

A beautiful day on San Francisco Bay: Berkeley Marina.

Last weekend near Lover's Point, Pacific Grove, CA: A (Definite) Favorite View


My latest favorite photo. Note how the water really has shape and substance; note the surprising contours. You can see such features, such elements, more clearly in the enlargement, if you click on the photo. (Very fun--challenging, exhilarating--to be swimming in and with such water.)

No comments: