Monday, November 9, 2009

Terry Galloway at CCSF this Spring!

From Kristina Whalen--
Hello English Colleagues,
Before moving to California, I spent 7 years writing and performing as part of a community theater company called The Mickee Faust Club. The founder of that cabaret, Terry Galloway, has been invited to our campus in March as part of Women's History Month. Terry's memoir Mean Little Deaf Queer was published by Beacon Press and released this last June. In March she will perform her hour long show "Out All Night and Lost My Shoes" and read from her memoir. I have been asked to generate an audience for her performance. I hope you will join me in including Galloway's performance in your spring syllabus. Below I have provided a brief excerpt of Galloway's complicated biography as well as reviews of both her performance and book. The performance is scheduled on March 9th from 4:00 -5:30 on R305. If many are interested we can see about securing a bigger venue. I will leave a copy of her memoir in the conference room. You can visit the following as well: www.meanlittledeafqueer.com

No comments: